- Cannabidiol (CBD), is a naturally occurring cannabinoid derived from the cannabis plant. CBD is typically derived from the hemp plant due to its high cannabidiol and low THC levels.
- CBD is non-intoxicating, meaning it won’t make the user high.
WHAT IS CBD?
THE ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM (ECS)
- The ECS is a biochemical communication system in the human body, which plays a crucial role in regulating our physiology, mood, and everyday experience.
- The ECS is responsible for certain effects such as mood (happiness, anxiety, depression etc.), pain modulation, appetite. Inflammation etc. Recently, clinical data supports exogenous cannabinoids (CBD) administered to the body helps balance and perpetuate these effects in a positive manner.
HOW DOES CBD WORK?
- When CBD enters the body, it works with the body’s existing Endocannabinoid System (ECS) to help regulate various functions.
- The ECS contains cannabinoid receptors that interact with CBD to stimulate and boost the ECS. The ECS is responsible for regulating a wide range of functions throughout the body, including appetite, sleep, mood, nerve function, muscle recovery, immune system response, and brain function.
- CBD works with the ECS to help regulate these functions and create a sense of homeostasis.
- CBD oils are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any illness, condition or disease. CBD oil can be used to help support daily wellness regimes and promote overall well-being.
WHAT IS CBD OIL?
- CBD oil is the combination of CBD extract with a carrier oil. When CBD is first extracted from hemp, it’s very thick and sticky.
- When you buy CBD oil it won’t contain exclusively CBD, it will also contain other ingredients for a more pleasant experience.
- CBD extract is mixed with other ingredients and oils to make it easier to take and distribute in the body .
- The most common carrier oils are coconut oil, hemp seed oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil, and avocado oil.
- NURIV products are made using sunflower oil.
HOW IS CBD OIL MADE?
- Extracting the CBD: NURIV uses CO2 extraction process to isolate the CBD.
- CO2 is used to isolate the CBD from other waxes, fats, and compounds that aren’t desirable to have in CBD oil.
- Liquid CO2 and the ground hemp plant is placed in a high-pressure chamber where the CO2 absorbs the CBD oils and terpenes from the plant.
WHAT DOES BROAD SPECTRUM MEAN?
- Broad spectrum CBD is CBD that has been extracted from the cannabis plant with all of the other compounds from the plant except for THC. That means it contains terpenes, essential oils, and other cannabinoids from the plant.
- Broad spectrum CBD begins as a full spectrum extract with all of hemp's terpenes and cannabinoids intact, before it is sent through a refinement process to remove the THC compound.
- Simply stated, broad spectrum CBD is full-spectrum CBD, with the THC removed.
IS CBD OIL LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES
- The inception of Farm Bill 2018, re-categorized hemp from a schedule I substance to an “agricultural commodity.”
- The Farm Bill of 2018declared hemp-derived CBD as legal if it contains no more than 0.3% THC by dry weight.
- CBD derived from Hemp, and with a THC content of less than .03%, is legal in all 50 states.
- The 2018 Farm Bill does not, by itself, change state hemp or hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) legality. Although the Senate version would have legalized hemp nationwide, the final Farm Bill leaves the responsibility to legalize hemp to the states.
- Although CBD derived from Hemp is now federally legal, many cities and states still haven’t caught up with the federal laws.
WILL CBD OIL INTERFERE WITH MEDICATIONS?
- We recommend those who are taking medication to consult with their doctor or healthcare professional before adding CBD oil to their daily routine.
WILL CBD OIL MAKE ME HIGH?
- Hemp-derived CBD won’t make you “high” or experience any psychoactive effects. Hemp-derived CBD oil typically contains no more than 0.3 percent THC, the chemical that causes the high effect.
- This amount of THC isn’t enough to cause any intoxicating effects. CBD also counteracts any effects that may occur from the small amount of THC in the CBD product.
- Broad spectrum CBD contains no THC for those who are concerned about the THC.
Technology is best when it brings people together
- Matt Mullenweg